Tuesday, April 12, 2011

One Step At a Time.

"Some of us think holding on makes us strong; but sometimes it is letting go." -Hermann Hesse Have you ever had to let go of something, a desire or dream, or even a person, and with everything in you-you did not want to-but you knew you had to? Sometimes we think that because we are able to hold tight and firm, that we are being strong. When in some cases, we must let go completely in order to show true strength. This is a hard concept to fathom at times. Doesnt always make a lot of sense. I have succumbed to the fact that I will not understand 3/4 of my life-why things happen, why certain people enter my life when they dont even get to stay, why situations are brought upon me, why I cant ever have my own desires. I think this is because I have become selfish, thinking that my way is the right way, that my choice (if not selfish thinking) is the right choice, and that I can have my own righteous desires and they should come to pass. This is wrong. ha. I have had to humble myself a lot lately, and realize that this isnt true. Until my entire will becomes the Lords will for me, I will always struggle with this-as will anyone. Its not up to me to dictate all the great and incredible things to happen in my life. Only the lord knows the full picture..and only he can be the one to lead me there. Only he knows all the answers, and only through him can we obtain pure strength, and ultimately... happiness. Its by giving up our will, and allowing God's will to be the will we desire, that we then show true...honest...pure...STRENGTH. Strength in God, in his power, in his miracles....and strength to get through every moment of every day, even when it seems impossible to do so at times. He is our one and only anchor. Find your true strength. Your strength, through the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment